Mandatory for Travellers
- A lockdown is in effect at the moment, however, flight operations remain unaffected during this time. Please check the latest state guidelines before travelling.
- Tourists are required to fill in all details in the forms available under the tab for tourists on the Tourism Portal https://sikkimtourism.gov.in.
- A Travel card can be downloaded after filling all the sections and entering relevant details and must be shown at the entry point at Rangpo/Melli.
- Tourists must carry this card with them and update it daily wherever they go as they may be asked to produce it for verification.
- Maintain social distance, wear masks and update travel cards to avoid fines.
Quarantine and Testing Guidelines
- Vaccinated passengers can enter the state with a final COVID vaccination certificate (both doses done).
- Negative RT-PCR test report is not required for fully vaccinated travelers to enter Sikkim
- Partially vaccinated tourists and those below 18 years of age can enter Sikkim with the negative RT-PCR test report with a sample taken within 72 hours before arrival. RT-PCR test timeline starts from the swab collection time.
- Negative RT-PCR test report is not required for fully vaccinated travelers to enter Sikkim.
- Passengers travelling to the state might not be allowed to board their flights if they are not carrying a valid test report/vaccination certificate.
- Those working on state projects, project related workforce, and technicians will undergo a 7-day mandatory quarantine either at facilities provided by district collector or at the project site by the concerned authorities.
- If any tourist arrives without a test, then hotel/ homestay owners have been directed by the government to ensure that they are able to get one done at the nearest COVID testing centers at specified testing locations in the state.
- International travelers arriving without the test or if the test validity is longer than 72 hours due to a long layover/transit must undergo institutional quarantine at their own cost. However, this is at the discretion of the state authorities.