North Sikkim Tour package in sharing basis is much cheap and easy package to adopt in Sikkim. From Gangtok to Lachen, Lachung, Yumthang Valley and Gurudongmar Lake, the package covers almost all the most scenic attractions.
So, sharing tour to north Sikkim starts from VAJRA STAND at Gangtok which is also called NORTH SIKKIM TAXI STAND at morning 10 AM. Remember your travel agent must prepare the permit and passes for North Sikkim of taxi and tourist both. If you don’t have travel permit passes than you wont be able to visit. Since North Sikkim major areas comes under RAP/PAP areas (Restricted and Permitted Areas) which is control by Indian Army. Also it shares major border with CHINA.
Sharing tour comes in 2 form, 2 days and 3 days. 3 days covers area like Lachen, Gurudongmar Lake, Lachung and Yumthang Valley. 2 days tour covers Lachung and Yumthang Valley. Since North Sikkim is mostly village areas there is not much hotels. So travel agency provide meals in package only. Stay will be at Lachen and Lachung respectively. Hotel stay at sharing basis is of standard category. You need to warm water at kitchen, no hot water facilities are provided in room. Food will be standard and no chapatti will provide. Taxi vehicle for North Sikkim is Tatasumo, Maxx or Bolero-Plus that carries 10 adults including driver.
3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS SHARING TOUR PACKAGE
DAY 1: GANGTOK TO LACHEN AT NORTH SIKKIM
Next the vehicle will report for North Sikkim with permit FROM VAJRA STAND AT 10:30AM -Drive to Lachen – Chungthang is nearly 96 kilometers from Gangtok – On the way stop at Chungthang – Next drive for 29 kilometers from Chungthang to Lachen – Reach Lachung late afternoon / early evening – The infrastructure is not good due to the remoteness and the snowfall / Rainfall – The place is worth visiting – Check into a hotel – Welcome Tea – Evening free to stroll – Overnight stay at Hotel in Lachen
ALSO READ >> A Bike tour to North Sikkim
DAY 2: LACHEN TO GURUDONGMA LAKE. TRANSFER TO LACHUNG
The route is Lachen – Gurudongmar lake – Lachen – Drive 55 kilometers from Lachen stop at 15000 feet for permit to be signed – Drive the rest and visit to Gurudongmar Lake – 3 hour – A valley at an altitude of nearly 15 800 feet through which Lachen Chu flows – This is a holy Lake and is one of the most sacred place of worship for the Buddhist – The Lake gets frozen during winter barring a stretch which remains as water even at – 20 C – The region is generally covered with snow from December to April – This is a stretch of cold desert till Tibet / China – While returning have lunch at Lachen – After Lunch drive to Lachung – Overnight stay at Hotel in Lachung.
DAY 3: LACHUNG TO YUMTHANG AND BACK TO GANGTOK
Early morning breakfast – Visit to Yumthang i.e. 25 kilometers, 2 hour – A valley at an altitude of 11800 feet through which Lachung Chu flows, generally covered with snow from December to April or even more is known as the valley of flowers – Guest can spend a few hours at Yumthang – The vast Valley stretches and is a cold desert till Tibet / China – The region is fully covered with snow and Rhododendron forest – Back to hotel for lunch / Packed Lunch – Proceed to Gangtok – Afternoon drive to Gangtok 130 Kilometers, 5 hours – Drop at Vajra stand.
ALSO READ >> Things to do in Sikkim
COST OF 3D2N NORTH SIKKIM SHARING TOUR PACKAGE
COSTING IN PER HEAD. MIN 02 HEADS
1) 06th JAN till FEB – 10 MAR – ₹3000/-
2) 11 MAR till 15 APR – ₹3500/-
3) 16 APR till 30 APR – ₹4000/-
4) 01 MAY till 07 MAY – ₹4200/-
5) 08 MAY till 30 JUN – ₹4800/- (Rate may Fluctuate due to high season if booked on same month)
6) 01 JUL till 20 SEPT – ₹3200/-
7) 21 SEPT till 15 DEC – ₹3500/-
8) 13 OCT – 18 OCT – ₹4500/- pp (For Durga Pooja and Diwali check rate below)
9) 16 DEC till 22 DEC – ₹4500/-
10) 23 DEC till 05 JAN – ₹5000/- (Rate may Fluctuate due to high season New Year and Christmas if book on same month)
DURGA POOJA (18-29 OCT 2023): ₹6000/- / & DIWALI (07-15 NOV 2023)- ₹5000/-
NOTE >> Child above 6 months years above full charge.
NOTE >> Solo (Single traveler) cost extra ₹800/-, ₹1200/- during 16 May till 10 Jun & during Durga Pooja, Diwali and Christmas New Year week
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
- Vehicle tatasumo or similar 10 heads
- Standard Rooms
- Standard Meals at Lachung
- Stay at Lachung
- Driver’s food, accommodation & daily allowance
- Fuel charges
- Pick up and drop-Sightseeings
- Permit and Parking fees and Travel Card Passes
EXCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
• Air Fare / Train fare.
• Stay and Meals at Gangtok
• Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft &
hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
• Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
• Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
• Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
• Anything which is not included in the inclusion