Rafting in the Rangit River is an exciting and thrilling outdoor activity that allows you to navigate through the white-water rapids of the river. It is a popular activity in the area, with many tour operators offering guided rafting trips for both beginner and experienced rafters
The Rangit River is known for its challenging rapids and beautiful scenery, making it a great destination for those looking to experience the thrill of rafting in a stunning natural setting
White water River Rafting Highlights
- Engage in enthralling white water rafting expedition on the mighty Rangeet and Teesta in Sikkim
- Navigate through the thrilling grade III & IV levels of rapids amidst the mountains
- Get accompanied by a trained instructor who will assist you throughout the activity
- Choose from the exciting routes ranging from 3 KM, to 5 KM & 15 KMAbout Rafting in Sikkim:Sikkim is famous for its serene landscapes, religious significance as well as various thrilling adventure activities like paragliding, river rafting, and many more. If you want to try on something adventurous and exciting, then you must notmiss out on this white-water river rafting experience in Sikkim. Gush through the sturdy rapids as well as admire breathtaking landscapes of mountains & greenery as you raft through the clear waters. The river rafting in Sikkim takes you on a 3 km, 5 km, or 15 Km course of adventure!
Rafting In Sikkim Rangit River Overview
Activity Location: Champa, Rollu, Melli, South Sikkim
River Rafting in Sikkim: Between 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Activity Duration: 1-2 hours (Depending on the choice of your package)
Meeting point: Champa, Rollu, Melli, South Sikkim
Rafting In Teesta River Overview
Distance: 7KM | 25 – 30 Minutes
Location: 7th Mile to Labarbotay
Cost: Rs. 5000/- per boat
Occupancy: 1-5 with rafter and rescuer
Distance: 4KM | 15 – 20 Minutes
Location: Bhalukhola to Labarbotay
Cost: Rs.4000/- per boat
Occupancy: 1-5 with rafter and rescuer
What is the cost of White Water River Rafting in Sikkim, Darjeeling, Teesta, Rangit?
Long trip of white water river rafting in Sikkim and Teesta Darjeeling of 7KM cost ₹5000/-. We give discount of ₹500/- if booked online
Short trip of white water river rafting in Sikkim and Teesta Darjeeling of 4KM cost ₹4000/-. We give discount of ₹500/- if booked online
About the Activity
- The river rafting in Sikkim timing is from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
- Arrive at the activity meting point and meet your activity instructor who will be assisting you throughout the activity.
- The instructor will explain the process and essentials to keep in mind before pushing off the raft into the water.
- This river rafting experience in Sikkim consists of 3 levels of rapids.
- You will be provided with good-quality safety gear that will ensure your optimum safety.
- There are 3 different rafting variants available in this package.
- Enjoy body surfing which is the inclusions of the 3 KM/5 KM/15 KM river rafting variant.
- Araft can accommodate up to 7 people at a time including river guide.
How to reach?
- Nearest Airport: Bagdogra Airport, Bagdogra is the nearest airport located at a distance of 75 KM from the starting point. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the airport to reach the reporting point.
- Nearest Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the nearest railway station located at a distance of 70 km from the starting point. One can hire either a taxi or a shared vehicle from the bus stand to reach there.
Know Before You Go for Rafting In Sikkim
- For safety purposes, this activity is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had
- major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- The activity might be delayed or postponed due to weather conditions. In such a scenario, the next best possible time slot will be informed.
- Participants are not allowed to carry any sharp object, lighter, luggage bag, alcohol, knife, etc.
- Avoid consuming heavy food or alcoholic beverages before and after the activity.
- Any personal expenses or items of personal nature will not be included in the package. Any meals or transfers not mentioned in the itinerary are to be considered an exclusion in the deal.
- ID proof is mandatory for each guest at the time of booking, and also upon arrival. PAN card will not be considered as a valid address proof.
- Any breakage or damage of any items will be charged at actuals.
- Carrying an extra pair of clothes is recommended.
- V i d e o g r a p h y a n d Photography Prices are not included in the package you can avail it directly on ground as it is optional.
- The Rafting in Sikkim Packages contain Rafting Guide, Raft, Safety Equipment’s, Life Jackets, Swimmer, Transport (Rafting Starting Point To End Point + Raft Transport)
- Minimum age required for river rafting in Sikkim is 14 years.
- All foreign nationals must share their passport and visa details at the time of arrival and entry.