Goechala trek situated in western Himalaya of Sikkim. It means the pass between the border of west Sikkim and North Sikkim, from here get the crystal clear view of third highest world peak Mt. Kanchenjunga. This trek route begin from Yuksom, Yuskom is main base camp of this Goechala trekking and other trek like Singalila trek, Kasturi round trek, and this is the main base camp for the some expedition peak, most the trek are begin from this place Yuksom. So this trek is different than the other trek.
Why it is different this trekking? because from the summit of Goechala, you will get the opportunity to view of 20-25 mountain summit. Goechala is thus, considered to be the closest to the big mountains of Mt. Kanchenjunga and other many peaks. In order to see all the mountain summits, you would need a crystal clear view mountain. Goechala trek is one of the most beautiful and difficult trekking in Sikkim. Thus, the best time to goechala trek seasons is the month of March to June and September to Mid December. This is the best time when the mountains are really visible and you can see the clear sunrise and the sunset. October November is mostly dry and cold. The weather is crisp cold and comfortable and value of visiting as well.
If travellers are looking for an adventurous tour that is adventurous and beautiful, then the Goechala trek is the ideal place for you. The Kanchenjunga Mountain is so near that travellers also stretch out their hands at times to touch the Mountain. The climbs are gradual steep and the altitude is also insignificant, The minimum age for this trek is 14 years. So the trek route is long you need to be patiently walk well.
Yuksom is Trekking base camp and nearest air port is Siliguri Bagdogra Airport and Nearest rail way station is Siliguri New Jalpaiguri railway station, and Distance is near about 150Km to Yuksom trekking base camp. And after reach there you can get the share taxi from the Siliguri town.
READ MORE >> GOECHALA TREKKING PACKAGE 10 DAYS & 9 NIGHTS
- AT Yuksam on triple sharing basis
- While on trek we will provide you A Shape /Alpine trekking tents on twin sharing basis. Sleeping bag, Camping mattresses,etc. would be provide.
- Meals during on trek pure veg except egg
- Yaks/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, meals, vegetables.
- Professional trekking guide and kitchen staff would accompany the group.
- Entry fee and permit fee etc.
- First Aid medicine kit
- Oxygen cylinder
- Professional guide
Check the list, what will need for trekking?
- Back pack & rain cover (50 – 60 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps.
- Day pack + rain cover 20 – 30 ltr (If hire a mule or porter).
- Walking stick Advisable (At least one).
- Head torch-1 Nos.
- Water bottle/Hydration pack 2 bottles of one litre each.
- Fleece T-shirts 1 Nos.
- Fleece jacket 1 Nos. (Alternative: a woollen sweater).
- Down feather / Holofil jacket 1 Nos.
- Wind & water proof (jacket & pant) 1 Pair.
- Thermal inners trouser (upper and lower).
- Trek pants 2 Synthetic (avoid shorts, fitting denims).
- Poncho (rain coat)- 1 Nos. You can get to buy at Yuksom.
- Cotton Socks 3-4 pair get buy in Yuksom.
- Trekking shoes 1 Pair (Waterproof, high ankle with good grip).
- Waterproof gloves or woollen gloves-1or 2 pair.
This all above mention are basic information, whatevr you are in doubt you may ask by call or by mail.